Tuesday 3 October 2017

Memorable musical theatre - Lloyd Webber...

Music has always been a blessing in my life in how it's a universal language that touches the soul from learning to play piano, guitar, ukulele, to singing in church choirs and just for fun and now watching my children enjoying the gift of music is such a blessing.

One of the other genre that I enjoy very much is watching musical theatre and Andrew Lloyd Webber is an amazing songwriter and this song is one of my very favourite love songs from the musical 'Phantom of the Opera.' There are many renditions but his has got to be one of my favourite in the interpretation of both artists.

The beauty of this is when the song adds to the atmosphere of the play/theatre and summarises the feelings that the actors are feeling at the time. It's also one of the reasons that I started writing plays for high schools in that it was like art imitating life. Such beauty when both come together by singers who touch the audiences as this song does.

Enjoy... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment