Wednesday 25 October 2017

Mom/Mum types...

Image result for mothers Last night a radio programme about 4 generally speaking types of mums peaked my interest and thought I'd listen to it on the way home from picking up my beloved from work. The list goes as following:

  1. Pine tree mum - she keeps the peace in the family and tries to ensure that everyone is feeling good but the problem for her might be that child who is strong willed and doesn't want to feel the peace
  2. Palm tree mum - she's the one who likes to do lots of fun things, she's often fun to be with and never quite got over her childhood. She likes to enjoy herself and doesn't always have routines but likes her children to just enjoy life.
  3. Rose bush mum - she's the mum that has high expectations for her children and she's not afraid of letting them know it. She will make things happy so that her children will do well in life. The problem is that often she is far too overbearing at times.
  4. Box-tree mum - she is flexible and will try to fit things into schedules etc. for her children. She is often well organised and has little charts, star charts, behaviour charts, schedules etc. to run her household.
As for me? I'm more of a rose bush mum with the end in mind but have had to reign in the pressure as I would like my children to run the race and win on their own merits I would help only if they needed that help. But also I think, as the commentator spoke about also, that mum's have a little of each but that it is good to have a balance of those things in our life with our children...

No comments:

Post a Comment