Tuesday 10 September 2019

Beautiful intimate wedding at the Botanical Gardens...

The newlywed couple
I love weddings and today I was able to witness the special day of my youngest brother's marriage to the love of his life and high school sweetheart with both families together at a lovely intimate ceremony in Auckland's Botanical Gardens in Manurewa.

The weather was beautiful and gave amazing photographic moments, in the gardens as we witnessed the exchanging of vows of this special couple.

As it has been long anticipated having been engaged for several years whilst living and working in Melbourne. However, they wanted to return to NZ to have a small, no-fuss occasion with both their parents witnessing and surrounded by families. It was simply beautiful.

For some years previously I've been a wedding florist for over 200 weddings with an online presence but that changed in 2010 after the first Christchurch earthquake as many of my clients had been from the South Island.

And for my special bro and his lovely wife (to be at the time) I was able to offer my services as their wedding planner in organising the wedding venue, the ceremony, decorating the venue, planning the menu for refreshments after the ceremony, a scenic photoshoot in the Botanical gardens, reception, MC (bilingual Master of Ceremonies) being my beloved, clean up at both venues, wedding cake and paying off the bills.

Wow! And the official marriage celebrant was Dianne Troupe, of whom I would highly recommend to all. She was absolutely amazing in the professional ways that she worked with me at such short notice i.e. 2 days before the wedding she was able to share some beautiful vows that were intimate, personalized and "on point" as my sister-in-law described as they brought many to tears. You can check out her webpage on: www.diannetroup.com

And so looking forward to the next wedding that I may (or most likely) not be the wedding planner as I know that we have my cousin's family wedding in Samoa at the end of the month of which I am still contemplating to attend having already been to Samoa twice this year already but then again, I love weddings...




No comments:

Post a Comment