Tuesday 24 September 2019

"Love" painting series for significant life events...

"Love" series of paintings (#004) by Helen Tau'au Filisi (2019)
This is a current painting (acrylics on boxed canvas) that I'm working on for a special occasion with some of the elements that I like to paint i.e.:

  • tapa motif/s
  • Samoan traditional tatau/tattoo patterns (male)
  • frangipani flowers 
  • star or fetu (metaphor or sign for an important event) found also on malu (traditional female tattoo) designs
  • Christian biblical verse i.e. Corinthians 13
I've still to finish the watercolour study that I started and working on for our next book but love working on these canvas paintings with especially bright colours in trying to fuse all of these elements together in one painting.

This will be the 4th painting that I've completed in the series with the first being for my elder sister's significant birthday. The second for my friend's wedding. The 3rd for my own significant birthday (and why not?) and this is the 4th of this limited collection.

Still a little more to paint and then will be complete and will be soon starting another series of paintings for special occasions...

No comments:

Post a Comment