Sunday 22 September 2019

Rugby world cup 2019 fanzone...

(Official Emblem for the Rugby World Cup 2019
Photo credits: unknown)
It's been interesting to watch teams representing countries around the world competing against each other in this year's Rugby World cup 2019.

I'm not a huge Rugby fan but the men in my family are i.e. my dad and my beloved, and they don't like to miss a game if they can help it.

I also know that all over NZ, Rugby fans are all glued to their TV or devices to catch the action and to see how NZ and other countries fair in the various game pools.

So now into the third day of competitions, we have a fan zone at home where Rugby matches take precedence over any other TV programme that could be on.

Last night it was interesting to watch the All Blacks play South Africa and even before the match started when the All Blacks performed their Haka or challenge to the opposing team, you could hear South African (I assume) fans trying to drown out the All Blacks challenge which is a no-no in protocol. So when the All Blacks won, I guess they had the last word.

We're especially looking forward to when the Manu Samoa team plays on Tuesday and I'll be writing out a schedule for my dad to watch in Samoa as he will be travelling back with mum to watch from there and I'll join them later in the week.

So you'll find me cheering for our Pacific teams of Fiji and Samoa with NZ and hopefully the best team will win and maybe, just maybe it will be the All Blacks again!...

No comments:

Post a Comment