Sunday 29 November 2020

THE FOOTPRINT OF MOSO retold and illustrated by Helen Tau'au Filisi...

It was a very busy week, last week, with Anniversary and birthday celebrations in my family as well as finishing lots of marking and end of year results as our year comes to a close as the Wananga (Indigenous Maori place of higher learning).

Whilst working on some digital media files, I came across this YouTube clip of two very talented Pasifika young females who are sharing their singing and music talents under the channel name "Loopy Tunes Preschool music" via social media.

In this particular clip, they are sharing one of my fave illustrated books in the story of Moso that was told to me when I was very young at around 7 years old when my parents first took our family to Samoa to visit.

The particular story has a sacred site in Falealupo, the village of my maternal great, great and great grandmother's that I visited as a 7-year-old and have had subsequent visits, including my Master's research fieldwork and in 2015, I took my children to visit the site. It has definitely changed within those 40 years.

I'm so glad to see the story being shared with many other children from around the world as it is a special story that I hold dear to my heart from the village that my namesake grandmother Eleni or "Helen" came from.

A big shout out and a big thank you or "Malo au pito" and "Faafetai tele lava" with many blessings and all the best for your future endeavours and well wishes coming your way. Keep up the neat action songs and the good Pasifika humour...

No comments:

Post a Comment