Saturday 10 June 2023

3 Books in Museum of Samoa collection...

 

Today, in doing some research on the Museum of Samoa, I viewed their Facebook page and was surprised to see three of my books featured in a pic that was posted on their site.

I had gifted the three books to the Museum through a representative of the Museum early in the year when my family visited the former Museum site before they moved to the new Arts and culture centre.

The 3 books featured are: "The footprint of Moso", "Nafanua the lady warrior" and "The 1918 deadly epidemic in Samoa". (Behind the glass case on the middle shelf).

I know that the book on Moso is a favourite book with many of the audiences of children that I have read the book to and also my personal favourite painted books. The story of Nafanua is an important book that I wanted to write regarding my ancestral lands on my maternal lineage. The story of the 1918 epidemic was another important story that I wanted to share regarding a time in history that has since been repeated in a pandemic that swept the world but this time, Samoa did not feature highly in the statistics having put lockdown orders in place.

This was such a lovely surprise as I hope to gift more books to organizations, individuals and groups upon my next visit to Samoa to share some of the gifts that I've been blessed with with hopes that such books can be a blessing to others as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment