Thursday 24 September 2020

Vote compass for this year's elections...

  A couple of days ago, I tried answering questions on the Vote compass website of https://votecompass.tvnz.co.nz to see which parties my answers aligned with. Interestingly enough it aligned mostly with the (Indigenous) Maori, Labour and Opportunities Party although I may not necessarily be voting for any of those parties.

I'd definitely encourage voters to give this website a go because it asks around 30+ questions (maybe more) on a variety of social issues, current political debates and hot topics that really make you think about which way you would vote on such issues.

I was also particularly interested in the sway of my answers that featured me as a more progressive, social voter leaning more towards the left although I would have seen myself far different as conservative in some respects and definitely progressive and interested in social and conscience issues.

I'd even encourage you to invite other family members and friends to answer the same questions to see the difference because some very interesting conversations can come out of the results that might reveal some interesting insights.

All in all, a very insightful questionnaire with only three more weeks until the voting will be counted...



No comments:

Post a Comment