Sunday 5 March 2023

1st Uber ride...

 

Last week, I took my first Uber ride. I'd heard about it before on ads plus my children use it whenever they need to be somewhere and the drivers of the family are busy.

They do have Learner licenses (stage 1) but you do need to have a Restricted license (stage 2) before being able to venture out. I'd prefer they get their Full license (stage 3) which would give me more peace of mind.

I suppose I've never had to use Uber before as usually I drive everywhere but since I had taken in my car to check for a grinding noise in the front left tyre, I was given the option of leaving the car over the weekend for them to fix and then to pick it up on Monday.

Because they didn't have any spare courtesy cars (you have to book them well in advance of at least 2.5 weeks) I had to opt for another alternative to take me home on my usual 15 minute ride. I decided that I couldn't take a bus as I didn't have a 'Hop card' and it was too far for me to walk to the nearest bus station.

I decided that it was too expensive to ride in a taxi, so I spoke to my eldest and was told that my probable best option (if not a bus) was to take an Uber which should be next best option. As I had never taken a ride before, I decided to give it a go. I downloaded the App, answered the questions, booked the ride and then waited.

It wasn't long before the driver came to pick me up and I took my first ever Uber ride. I couldn't help thinking 'welcome to the 21st century' as everything on the App and been quick and efficient, definitely welled managed and sorted that I didn't really have to stress on thinking about how to get home.

Even the cost was reasonable and I got to met and talk to the driver about his experience with driving for Uber. I definitely will be using Uber again to get to places when I am not able to drive myself. From me it comes highly recommended if you haven't needed to use it before definitely give it a go...

No comments:

Post a Comment