Thursday 30 March 2023

Book Donations to Nelson Memorial library in Apia...

 

Today, I visited the Nelson Memorial Library in Apia with my brother George from Sydney and his wife, Cam, my sister-in-law.

The pic shows one of the librarian representatives posing with the books that we donated to the library for processing.

We went to have a look at the library and to donate some books as it's something that I wanted to do since before COVID hit nations globally. It was good to see that some of my books that had been donated previously were still in circulation.

It was neat to reflect on the memories of having studied in the library back in 1989 when I spent time in Samoa with my Grandma and family whilst completing fieldwork there for my first Masters degree through Auckland University.

I hope that readers of the books will be able to enjoy and benefit, in some way, from these books as I know how difficult it is sometimes to find books that relate to yourself as a person with an indigenous identity...


No comments:

Post a Comment