Tuesday 21 March 2023

Celebrations and upcoming visit to Samoa...

It has been an eventful weekend with the celebration of our youngest's birthday which we had at 'Denny's' Family Restaurant in Manukau where we're able to have a meal with dessert and a cup of tea for me too.

We also had a successful fundraising event by selling suppers for the purpose of supporting our Samoan bilingual Early childhood education centre but also in supporting our families who bring their young ones to our centre. It's definitely a privilege to be able to support these next generations in the knowledge of their language and important cultural practices.

We're also getting ready to visit Samoa again this weekend for a couple of weeks for family visits and there I hope to squeeze in visits to a couple of schools and donate some books and share some insights with students as appropriate.

In being an 'Indie' author, I like the independence that I have in being able to do different things according to the schedule and juggling various responsibilities that I have.

It's definitely neat to be able to see the next generation, with my children growing in the knowledge of what it means to know some of the ancient Samoan stories that I wasn't able to grow up with but in which they are able to learn about...










 

No comments:

Post a Comment