Wednesday 29 March 2023

Family meeting in Samoa...

 

I've been so busy in sunny Samoa with so much to do and catch up with. It's been so good to be with family and to work on some things that needed doing in our family house in the village of Fasitoo-uta, in Samoa.

It was also so good to have my elder brother from Sydney fly over with my sister-in-law and a sister from Auckland with her daughter see the finished house project that my parents and my husband and I were able to build in support of my father's dream in having a place for my parents' and future generations of our family to stay at.

There have been some wrangles and posturing over the land (which I must say can be expected in Samoa) but over all, it's been a blessing from God, to say the least, as my family now has a place to stay at (as my late father's, grandmother and great grandmother's village) and most importantly to have guardianship over and to maintain and look after it well as was the wishes of my late father.

This pic above is of the fresh water rock pool in Satui that is a few kilometres down the road outside a neighbouring family friend's house that my brother, daughter and sister bathed in after hot days in Fasitoo-uta.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to visit a few local schools and gift books and have a general look at the resources that schools in local villages have and the possibility of looking for support from my Auckland NZ matai network of whom I am in contact with.

This is especially a privilege as I remember having guest speakers come to visit my local schools and some were very inspirational and made me think outside the square. Hopefully, if given the opportunity, I will also be able to share some insights of what I know and would like to share with students...


No comments:

Post a Comment