Wednesday 5 July 2023

Disney's 'The Little Mermaid'...

 

Yesterday, I watched Disney's reality version of 'The Little Mermaid'. I found it very interesting to watch with it's diverse casting and glad that they kept some of the original music with some new tunes as well. It did veer off in adding bits that weren't in the original storyline but it was good to watch.

I like the brilliant colours of the ocean and the various sea creatures. The music complemented the film quite nicely and the main actress had such a beautiful voice as well. But somehow it didn't quite have the same magic as the first animated film.

Still, I would recommend it as neat family viewing for taking lil' ones to the movies these mid-year holidays. I think there's still some good teachings in trying to negotiate between the differences between parents and their children which was the theme that stuck me the most in the movie.

All in all, it made for an interesting film to watch this mid-year break...

No comments:

Post a Comment