Monday 10 July 2023

Rock Pool visits a favourite past time in Samoa...

 

One of my very favourite things to do in Samoa with my children are to jump into the various local rock pools for cooling down in the hot, hot sun.

This particular rock pool can be found in the village of Nofoali'i. It has been newly renovated with support from the UN development grants which I was told was probably over $100K and came from New York but I'm unable to substantiate that fact.

However they did a very nice job and I was invited to dip into the pool yesterday with my youngest and we had a great time dipping and enjoying the cool crystal clear water whilst my mother chilled with another elder aunt of the village. 

It also features a Samoan faleo'o which is a smaller version of a traditional Samoan fale (house) whereby one can discreetly change out of wet clothes into something dry. It's something I've been used to since taking my kids to the pools, beach and rock pools when changing rooms are scarce. There's a particular finesse to it but easily done.

So next time you visit Nofoali'i or other villages with rock pools why not take the time for a dip. There are several paid local village rock pools where you can dip for around $20 - $50 SAT (Samoan Talā currency) or if you have friends they can also let you in for free...

No comments:

Post a Comment