Wednesday, 2 September 2026

IIRC International Indigenous Research Conference, 2026 Auckland...

 

I am looking forward to presenting at IIRC 2026, the International Indigenous Research Conference taking place at the University of Auckland from 17-20 November 2026.

It is one of the International Indigenous Research conferences that I've been looking forward to attending. I don't think it will be the same as the WIPCE World Indigenous Peoples Conference in Education 2025 that I really enjoyed presenting at in November of last year and having a book stall there, but it still will be very interesting to attend.

The abstract that I submitted was around 500 words, asking for details of Indigenous researchers from potential presenters that align with the overall conference theme of: Kei tua o te pae| Beyond the horizon. Now this is a very interesting research theme, and there are also sub-themes as follows:

* Pae Ahurei - Living Uniquely

* Pae Ora - Living Well

* Pae Tawhiti - Living Lightly

* Pae Auaha - Living Smartly

I'm awaiting further instructions for my conference funding application with my wānanga (Māori tertiary higher learning institute), and also the conference organisers, and the strand that I have been accepted to present at is the 'Living Uniquely' strand, which will again be very interesting to consider...


No comments:

Post a Comment