With the overseas organisation, I chose to stay with World Vision, as it's an organisation that I have known since growing up in church, and our Sunday school used to sponsor children in those early years.
When I started having children of my own, I thought that it was important to be able to share the burden with other mothers overseas who needed support and over the years, I've been able to sponsor children in different overseas countries.
The letter I received from World Vision explained that the child that I had sponsored for some years in Bangladesh was now exited from the programme. They had fulfilled their goals of becoming self-sustaining within the World Vision programme that the community had been able to sign up to and no longer needed the support of the sponsors.
It was so encouraging to see the community's 'thank you' video, and I was encouraged that the goals of receiving better sanitation, educational supplies, growing food, having small businesses, and children's educational goals had grown so much that they were able to exit the programme.
I think one of the goals that really stood out for me, as a sponsor, was finding out that they had been able to stop 123 child bride marriages that otherwise would have taken place. If anything, it's things like that that compel me to continue to support the education of children and especially girls in third-world countries.
They've now given me another option to support another child in another area in Bangladesh, and I'm happy to support. I've now signed up to support areas where the need is greatest, and I'm happy to support any child.
If it's something that you think you can financially commit to in monthly, annual or fortnightly payments, then I'd encourage you to do so. I get so much joy in sending Christmas and birthday cards to the child with stickers and encouraging letters to the family. In supporting other families in other countries who need a helping hand...
No comments:
Post a Comment