Monday 28 March 2016

Son of God movie - He is Risen!

This Easter Sunday, I went with my family to our Easter Sunday service and was reminded of the price that Jesus took upon himself on the Cross to bridge that gap between us and God. The cross is now empty as was the tomb. And at our service we were served with communion and watched a snippet of the "Son of God" movie (2014).

However, when I came home I thought to watch the whole of the movie as I hadn't watched it before but had heard of it when it came out a couple of years ago. After watching it and being moved at how tortuous the ordeal was and symbolic of the time of the Passover when Jesus was crucified, I thought it was an interesting portrayal of Jesus as each director/actor interprets what they think Jesus might have thought or acted.

But as a mother, I thought about how painful it must have been for Mary to see her child go through such an ordeal even though she would have known that He truly was the son of God. As a mother, I would want to shield such pain from my child/ren and take it upon myself but she must have known that it was to serve a great purpose.

I also thought about how Jesus must have had an enigmatic personality that would have drawn people to him, not so much like the Hollywood portrayal of actors but more for His love of people, his compassion for humanity and sharing pearls of wisdom as to any and all that would have drawn so many to Him.

It makes me also realise that even the Pharisees at the time thought that they were doing God's will even in judging Him wrongly and how we too must be careful of how we see people who are different from us. A truly humbling movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment