Monday 7 March 2016

Upcoming book launch dates for 2016...

Image result for tupu library   Today was a busy day for booking dates and venues in arranging with various Auckland library managers and staff for upcoming book launches at local Auckland libraries.


The first book launch for the year of "Su'e the lost son" is set for the Tupu library in Otara / Manukau on Friday 15 April around lunch time. I really wanted to confirm this venue as it is close to the high school of Tangaroa College that I first worked at and wrote the play for. In fact, it's the 20th year celebration since I first wrote this play and the themes are still relevant to today's youth as they were back then.


And last night I finally finished painting up the book cover which will be revealed on the day as with each book, I'd like to think that the reader takes away with them a piece of art on the cover. The cover is also symbolic of "Styx" a local performer who was the original Granpa in the play. I give credit to his superb acting skills that took us to the Maidment Theatre at the University of Auckland for a one night showing.


In fact, my old Creative writing and Post Colonial Literature lecturer Albert Wendt was invited to view the school production when it showed at the University when it had the one night showing at the Maidment Theatre and he did.


I've also booked two other library venues for my next two book launches which will be Otahuhu Library for the next release in the bilingual picture book series on Friday 27 May and Friday 29 July for the first poetry collection launch.


Never a dull moment and looking forward to the year ahead...



No comments:

Post a Comment