Tuesday 8 March 2016

Su'e the lost son - 6th book launch coming soon...

 Here is a sneak preview of part of the cover to our new release and first book of the year called "Su'e the lost son". It's due to be launched on 15 April and looking forward to inviting my family, friends and readers to Tupu library to celebrate this awesome occasion.

I say that it's awesome in the sense that it's the 20 year anniversary since I wrote this play in my 20s and the reason being that I saw a lot of Pasifika (and Maori) students going through identity problems and wanted to address some of issues that they were grappling with much as I had many years ago.

It's also to my delight, to bring this play to the public and especially to gift it back to the community and youth of Otara for whom this play was written for. I still remember thinking back then that if you could achieve success as a teacher in Otara, then you could survive anywhere.
The other reason is that I never thought that it would ever get published as big publishing companies don't really cater for community literature unless it gives back megabucks. In being able to self publish this play, it's a dream come true and never in my wildest dreams did I think as a 20 something year old that I would ever be able to do this.
I guess dreams can come true and even be surpassed - I have my God to thank for that...


No comments:

Post a Comment