Saturday 29 October 2016

Auckland University library with 6 of our books...

So great to see that at Auckland University, where I first started my University studies as an undergraduate in the mid to late 1980s, now holds 6 of our books in circulation. Wow! never ever dreamed that this would ever happen!

I remember as a 20 something year old knowing that I wanted to write or be a writer and that's why I took a Creative writing paper in 1990 to start my journey off with Albert Wendt as my lecturer but even in the classes where we would share our writing, I was still not very confident.

What I felt I lacked at that time was life experience and I knew that I wanted to write something regarding South Auckland where I lived as there was no writing about where I lived in Mangere, a multicultural community, as it was often described as.

Now, I feel humbled and I thank God in surpassing my dream of now being self-published. This is like a stamp of approval in validating what I had always believed in, that the stories were worthy to be written about and in now being self published under the right conditions i.e. having full control of the process from beginning to the end. Wow! dreams can come true....



No comments:

Post a Comment