Friday 21 October 2016

"Kiwi consciousness" my first painting exhibited in Treviso, Italy :) ...

It's been a real privilege to have one of my paintings exhibited in Treviso, Italy with a number of works from 210 Aotearoa, NZ contemporary artists both emerging and those who are established. The information below is copied from the official Facebook page to give further details.

"Presentation of the collection New Zealand: Kiwi Consciousness. Contemporary Artists from New Zealand by Imago Mundi, the non-profit contemporary art project promoted by Luciano Benetton, under the auspices of Fondazione Benetton. The collection will present us with works measuring 10x12 centimetres, the results of the creativity of 210 artists, young and emerging as well as established masters of colour, as do all of the collections of the project (currently more than 100) which, in the name of intercultural dialogue, has involved more than eighteen thousand artists from around the world.
Together with Rosa Maria Falvo, curator of the collection, a group of artists from the Māori community will also participate, whose works are part of the collection and who, for this event, will perform a ceremony of traditional song and dance." (Facebook: Imago Mundi Art)

If you have a close look at the pic above, my painting is in the 3rd row from the top and 4th column from the left (on the right of the face painting). What I really enjoyed about painting the canvas was that we were given freedom of expression to paint whatever we wished with the theme of "Kiwi Consciousness".

It's also a dream come true in that I had applied to Elam (Ak Uni) art school but didn't get in and instead continued with a degree in the Arts but I always knew that I wanted to get back to painting at some stage and always thought that it would probably be when I retired. However, when I started self-publishing my books last year and started painting alongside it opened doors, such as this one, and gave me a chance to exhibit my work (albeit) a small one to the world and starting with a painting in Italy. 

And now with more to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment