Thursday 20 October 2016

Next book: The sacred steps of Tigilau...

Now looking forward to Christmas and our last contribution for this year as our latest book that is currently in production for a December launch is "Sacred steps of Tigilau" it's in the play series with now only 2 more plays to launch next year before my more current writings can be published and launched.

This, so far, has been such an exciting journey in seeing my plays and books being picked up by Public libraries in Auckland, at University book stores and book sellers around NZ as well as a lot of interest around the world through my blogs and in just talking with fellow interested readers.

It's such a joy and a privilege especially as I'm now teaching in the Indigenous Research space and studying alongside being able to share my practical application in class. There is still much to do but I feel that many good things are coming out of conversations and awareness in our class.

As for the latest book, this year will mark the 21st year since writing the story. I still marvel that I was writing with so much enthusiasm back then especially when I knew that at the time it wasn't getting published but with a passion to see students in High school performing plays that were written for them in South Auckland.

This particular play was written for the students of Nga Tapuwae College a.k.a. Southern Cross Campus, as it is now known as the former name is now recognised as the Maori kura (school) which resides next to my former school.

I'm still not sure about where to launch it and considering maybe locally in Mangere or in Otara but will see how things plan out. Readers are most welcome to give feedback and I look forward to seeing this story in the public arena as it shares the love story of Vaea and Apa'ula in play form.

Roll on Christmas, here we come... Lights, camera, action!...

No comments:

Post a Comment