Wednesday 7 February 2018

Samoa's favourite Taro chips...

This packet of chips shown happens to be my family's favourite taro chips imported from Samoa. They are marketed as "Samoa's favourite Chips - Flavoured Samoan Taro" as there are many different types that you can buy in Samoa.

So whenever my parents come home, this is what they bring for our children and their grandchildren. I'm still not sure what the 'flavour' is as it tastes like chicken salt but when I go to have a look at the contents, there isn't a mention of what it is (so I hope that it's all legit:).

Anyway, I won't be eating anymore of these for a while, not only because they are eaten so quickly when they arrive but I've also taken on a 6 work healthy lifestyle challenge this week at work with a weigh in, calculating the BMI (body mass index) and goals for the next few weeks.

It was even neat to see so many of my work colleagues joining in and I'm hoping to bag me one if not a couple of prizes if I continue on the journey that I've been on since 15 Jan. It does mean sacrificing my sleep time somewhat and trying to work in my gym workouts around my children's school morning schedules.

Which will definitely start looking tight when my teaching classes start in March of Semester A academic year i.e. up at 6 am, into the gym around 6.15 am, out for a shower around 7 am, transport the high schoolers to the bus at 7.30 am, get the primary schooler ready for drop off at 8.30 am and then into the office by 9 am with classes starting at 10 am or working till 2.30 and then picking them all up etc. with studies and other important things in between.

So goodbye to the 'Samoan taro chips' for now until we meet again in a few weeks and a few kgs lighter...

No comments:

Post a Comment