Wednesday 28 February 2018

"This is me" inspiring song sung by Keana Settle...

Have had this song in my head after watching the movie and then learning more about the story behind the making of the movie after watching it. 'The Greatest Showman' had got to be one of the best musicals regarding inclusion and discussing prejudice i.e. racially, physically, psychologically etc. that I have ever viewed and I had never really thought about it in terms of a circus.

I also think the lyrics of the song are very inspiring in allowing for people to accept themselves as they are despite what prejudices, bigotry or 'hating' is out there and when I listen to Keana's story as the main singer behind the song, it's really encouraging to see someone who has been on Broadway and living in New York City for some 25+ years, to be finally be able to come to the fore is inspirational.

If you view her arms, she has some Maori heritage and tatoos, and her voice is absolutely amazing as I know some with Maori heritage to have. I also listened to a couple of her interviews and she has also been nominated for an Oscar for 'Original Song' "This is me." Her voice takes the song to a new level and if you watch the movie, she owns its! which has made this song so inspirational for many around the world. Such a neat phenomenon...




No comments:

Post a Comment