Saturday 26 May 2018

Ball/Prom season again...

Image It's ball season and the first in my family now that they're growing teens. Growing up and loving dancing was a no brainer in going to the school ball, discos and dances with my sisters (with strict parents) and when I started teaching in high school, for a couple of years, I was the support teacher for the ball committee and absolutely loved it i.e. re-living my love of music, dance and fun times.

So this was my choice for the ball dress (or one that I probably would have liked to wear - ha ha) but bought another one for our chosen one. It's so different than when I was growing up with the guy now making a special ball announcement or request to the girl (vice versa etc.) and then having to consider the transport, a before or after party which isn't part of the bargain for my liking.

Not to mention, accessories, shoes (either high for effect) or low if you want to dance, make-up, hair and bringing it all together nicely on the date. I've seen how it can become ugly when alcohol or drugs get into the mix and that's why it's important for adults to still be around in the background to ensure that some teens don't get too carried away.

It's happening in a couple/few weeks and with a ball ticket now being around $125, I really want to make sure that it's a neat evening for their friends group. Even if it means for me to be checking out on the evening (from a distance) ha ha...

No comments:

Post a Comment