Sunday 13 May 2018

Happy Mother's Day to the mum's ...



Just wanted to wish my mother a happy mother's day in our motherland Samoa. Yesterday, I was on my weekend noho (sleep over) and heard Marion (one of my class mates) sing this song with her small band of two players i.e. Jo, the percussionist (has played with Ardijah) and Samoan guitarist (oops forgot his name) for Adeaze - both talented musicians with Marion's beautiful voice.

Well as soon as they played the song, I had to get out my phone and started recorded (without asking :) ha ha. Anyway, as I listened to the lyrics, I tried to blink away the tears as I started thinking about my mum. We had just had a conversation a couple of hours earlier on the phone, she is in Samoa and me in NZ.

My mother has been the greatest influencer in my life as a creative, great at housekeeping, budgeting, supporting my dad, a great cook and baker and seamstress in her day, a real talented lady that God blessed me to have as my mother and I try to emulate but not even close!

I really want to thank my mum for being a blessing in my life, she is my best friend and I can completely trust her with my life. She's always been invested and supportive of every crazy thing I've done even when she sees me bowling ahead where she would fear to tread, she still is supportive with the fallout.

My children also bless her and she reminds me of that Proverbs 31 woman that we are so often compared to being. So a big HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you special woman out there who help make this world a better place. You were meant for such a time as this...

No comments:

Post a Comment