Wednesday 2 May 2018

New book - Frangipani whispers (short stories & poetry)

Excited to finally finish the painting for our next book to be published this month called 'Frangipani whispers'. The original name was to be 'Frangipani smiles' but upon further thought of the content of some of the stories and poetry the final name seemed more apt.

Again, it's a book that has been long in my mind as some of the poems date back to the 1990s, when I first started documenting my thoughts down in poetry and it also has some stories that I wrote with authentic experiences to be shared.

As a keen, avid gardener in my early twenties those many years ago in no longer having as much time in the garden as I used to in a creating partnership with God :) in nature, there are some special flowers that stand out for me as a Pacific woman.

My first poetry collection was named 'Pacific Hibiscus' which my sister Maria painted for me and in keeping with the style and theme of the first collection, this second painting follows a similar style and features Frangipani, a 5 petals flower that I have always wanted to paint.

There's so much to do in now putting in the finishing touches to the book and checking out the poetry/stories, working on the invitations for the book launch at Otahuhu library which is always open to the community to attend and also will be giving some free books out to local schools.

Definitely a blessing to be a part of...

No comments:

Post a Comment