Saturday 21 October 2023

Loving long weekends...

I really do love my long weekends spent with family and already have plans with my eldest to have lunch and watch a movie with my mum. Three generations together and just loving it this long Labour weekend.

I also have plans to write and get some housework sorted somewhere in that but will be especially taking time out with family to just enjoy each others' company and to relax.

I'll shortly be going on my usual weekend 5km walk to just take that time out to walk and meditate. To pray when the thoughts come and to consider what other things I need to work with.

It's neat to be mindful of things to be sorted as although this is a weekend for sports and other important social activities, I always take it as a time to also take stock to consider what needs to be completed before the end of the year with Christmas coming just around the corner.

I know that I have some work obligations for the next two weekends, so I'll be taking that in mind as well as to consider bringing things together for a quick family trip to Melbourne, Australia next month to take my visit my brother and his family there. As my mum enjoys travelling to Australia to visit family.

So there's a bit to do this long weekend but the most important is to slow down and relax, enjoy time with family and to take a deep breath to consider what needs to be done before the end of the year. This is a good time to be mindful of all that then start making plans towards finishing the year well...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment