Thursday 5 October 2023

Times flies when having fun...

 

This week, my eldest took me on a drive to lunch (my shout!) in her first car gifted to her for her 21st birthday and I marvel at how fast time has flown by. She's now a 3rd/4th year law student studying double degree with criminology.

I know my parents really embedded in me the importance of education and to follow a path that opens up opportunities to help others. My eldest has that self same belief that's lead her to the path of study in supporting some of the more vulnerable in our communities.

It's been a real blessing as a parent to see her fly and take on her own responsibilities to grow as an adult. It hasn't been an easy journey but she knows that she has my support along the way.

I think, we as parents, often underestimate the values and principles that we pass onto our children. They don't go by what we say but what we do. I know that for a fact, in the values and principles that my own parents passed onto me that I've tried to pass onto my children.

Those values about integrity, honesty, caring, standing up for those who are less fortunate or vulnerable, using our/your platform or power for good, to not be arrogant or grandstanding and there's so much more.

It's important to spend quality time with your loved ones and for them to know that they are loved. It's been a blessing to spend this special time with my eldest in knowing that there were dreams and goals that I had for her as a mother those many years ago and that they have come to fruition. Thank you God...

No comments:

Post a Comment