Saturday 14 October 2023

Voting today...

 

Totally forgot that it was Friday the 13th yesterday followed by Saturday with our national voting. I went on my usual 5km morning walk and then accompanied my mom, on her scooter, to our local voting booth that's just down the road from our house at my old primary school that I'm currently on the board of trustees of.

It was really interesting to attend early in the morning as I recognized a student who'd gone to the same primary and high school as me and she's just finished voting. 

Then I walked in with my mum and noted another past pupil who'd also attended the same primary and high school as me who was the main scrutineer and organiser of the voting booth.

Of course I forgot to take my voting card as I didn't know what happened to it but once they were able to establish who I was and gave me my voting paper. I was able to go to the closest booth and tick my preferred party and my preferred local Member of Parliament.

We then returned home only to come back later with my middle child to accompany her to vote. So now I can relax and then will watch the outcome tonight as I used to with my late dad. We'd sit in front of the TV until the last votes were in and one of the main parties conceded to the other. 

It looks like it's going to be a very interesting race to the end with some who will be happy with the outcome and others who will be in tears...

No comments:

Post a Comment