Thursday 28 March 2024

Congratulations to Samoa's Prime Minister with an Honorary Doctorate degree...

 

I big CONGRATULATIONS to Samoa's first female Prime Minister, Fiamē Naomi Mata'afa who today received her Honorary Doctoral degree in Law/s from NUS National University of Samoa. She is such a well-deserved candidate in having had to navigate some very murky waters since first becoming Prime Minister during the COVID-19 global pandemic.

I remember my late father following the election process and news from Samoa when he was well and it was so neat to know that she is now being honoured in this way too. As I do remember that the former Prime Minister before her also received one from a New Zealand university.

So now looking forward to Easter in remembrance of a special time in the Christian calender which is beyond Easter egss and hot cross buns but more about faith and hope in these interesting times. I'm so blessed for the faith that my parents brought me up in but also the values and principles that they taught me through fa'aSamoa that I now also hold dear too. 

All the best to you and your family this Easter time that it might be a time of rest and relaxation but also a reminder that there is a special reason for the season for when families come together that it all doesn't end when we die but that it is only the beginning....

Samoa's Motto: "E fa'avae e le Atua Samoa" which translates as God is the foundation of Samoa...

No comments:

Post a Comment