Monday 18 March 2024

New Opportunities through patience...

 

Had a special celebration with my family as have been confirmed with a new opportunity to work with Post Graduate (level 8) students at our Wānanga (Indigenous Māori) tertiary institute.

It comes after starting my current level 4 Tikanga (Māori customs & protocols) class into their first week. I had hinted with the announcement that I would be leaving the class but would be starting them on their journey (which is a little inconvenient for them but still a privilege to make a start).

My eldest wanted to celebrate with this lovely chocolate layered with strawberries cake from our favourite "Cheesecake Shop". It has certainly been a blessing to share this news with them as I'd been working on finishing my thesis and knew that it was time to make a change.

I'd been wanting to work in the Post Grad' sector for some time but first put my family's needs at the forefront and especially my children's education in ensuring that they were well situated before endeavouring to complete mine. 

It's now been very assuring to see my elder two now settled in their University studies and my youngest settling into her first year in high school. I know that I'm way behind my career goal schedule but I wouldn't change a thing in putting their needs first.

So, for me, patience is definitely a virtue in being given this new opportunity to spread my wings and encourage other in their academic journeys to fly high. It's a gift that my parents shared with me that I now share with my children and others now in their academic journeys to not be gatekeepers but to break open opportunities for success...


No comments:

Post a Comment