Sunday 9 May 2021

Happy Mother's Day...

 

A big HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mothers out there. I'm spending this very special day with my own mum who happens to be the woman that I most respect and also my best friend.

I've learnt so much from my mum over the years. She, to me, is the best cook i.e. she cooks with a lot of love, the best baker, the best sewer and crafter. The list goes on.

In fact, my interest in art came from watching my mum create things. She is also resourceful and doesn't like to see things wasted. My mum lost her biological mum when she was only very young.

But she was able to raise my family with a lot of love and care. Perhaps from the many blessings and lessons that I've learnt from her, one of the special ones is the unconditional love that she has for us all.

I've been blessed by her presence and influence in my life and I'll be spending the day with her and also having other mother's and family around to spend together. I only hope that I can be as loving and caring as she is to our families as she has a lot of patience and kindness to all who come home.

During the lockdowns in 2020, it was especially important that were able to support my elderly parents by having a bubble with our middle daughter supporting them whilst I or my husband would go shopping for our households so that we could support her and my dad (and sister) in not wanting to break their bubble. 

It was a scary time for us all but so grateful that we could have that time to support them. Now it's all about trying to support our mothers in their senior years with whatever they need. I am so thankful to God for my mother and pray for a special blessing for her and all mothers to be blessed on this special day....

No comments:

Post a Comment