Thursday 13 May 2021

Pfizer Vaccine COVID-19 dose 1...

Today, I went with our middle child and took my parents (and myself) to get the much talked about Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine from our local community health provider.

I must say that it was a well oiled machine from checking our car in at the gate, providing wheel chairs for my parents and a mask with an easy to follow well marked out areas for consultation etc.

I had at first heard about long waiting queues etc. but I didn't have any problems having booked in a 10am appointment. There were a few people in attendance as well but it was well coordinated.

We did the consultation, filled out the forms and then went and received the vaccination with a Samoan nurse who was able to discuss the vaccine with my parents. We received the vaccination which was very quick and a sticker for our efforts.

We then had to wait for 20 minutes in a waiting area whilst filling in a evaluation survey and then made our way back to our waiting car with in all took about 75 minutes.

It wasn't an easy decision to decide to get vaccinated but having discussed it with our local doctor as well as other medical professionals we felt that it was the best action to take rather than not acting and then regretting it later.

There is a second dose which needs to be administered in the next three weeks and I'm glad that we were given the chance to have it administered. I think and pray for the families all over the world who have not had this opportunity and how the pandemic is again surging in many parts of the world like India, Papua New Guinea etc. definitely an important consideration for 3rd world countries too...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment