Friday 30 January 2015

God's not dead - The movie

Been watching a few Christian theme based movies and will be posting short reviews about them from my perspective starting with "God's not dead" based on the song by one of my favourite contemporary Christian bands 'The Newsboys'. This weekend they came to the 'Cloud' concert in Auckland just after I'd watched the movie - no coincidence.

In fact, it was my younger sister who watched this movie first and recommended it to me to watch with my children. The story centres around a first year College/University student who wants to take a particular paper and ends up with a lecturer/professor who challenges him to defend his statement that God is 'not' dead.

It reminded me of when I had to take a level 1 Physical Anthropology paper at Auckland Uni as an undergraduate student to complete my course of studying History, Geography, Art History and English papers. I was very scared about taking it as I felt that with all of the research resources that Universities had that my faith would be challenged with the 'evidence' that this paper would present to me from it's pro evolution position.

I went to my Teachers College mentor, at the time, who was a Christian and he encouraged me to take it up and to listen to what they had to say. Needless to say, I read all the books and studied the theories that were presented and came to the conclusion that the Bible had more answers to life questions than the one or two skeleton remains that was used as their 'evidence' from archaeological digs.

That faith has remained strong over the years passed on through my parents Christian faith legacy, my grandparents' especially amazing in my 95 year old Grandmother and some neat friends. I would highly recommend this movie to view with family/friends to answer this simple question to yourself about whether you believe that 'God's not dead' in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment