Saturday 31 January 2015

Wedding flowers surprise

 Got a nice surprise yesterday when one of my wedding flowers ladies sent me some pics that she had taken of her wedding with the flowers that she had ordered from me last year and even gave me permission to use them for advertising. Thank you!

I was so happy for her as I try to keep my sets within a budget to make them more affordable for women and their families. My interest in making up wedding sets started in 2001 when I began planning for my wedding in Fiji and knew that it would be difficult to try and organise for flowers and colour matching there.

So I decided to make them up myself after looking at many different materials and silk (artificial) flowers and was able to match up the colours as I liked. I made up 7 bridesmaids bouquets, 10 special buttonholes for groom/smen, fathers and 3 flowergirl baskets with smaller mothers sprays.

When I finished high school, whilst trying to figure out whether I wanted to go to Uni, I did apply for and got an apprenticeship at a
printing firm. One of the tests that I had to undertake was a colour matching test in which I was given lots of hues of a one colour, say yellow, and I had to line them up in order from lightest to brightest. I was that I received the highest mark in NZ at the time.

In short, it means that I love colours and coordinating/contrasting them. I also did a similar Facebook test and again received a high mark regarding matching colours. Hint: I love colours - my fascination with art hence you'll see that I always paint with bright colours.

Pictured here is a blues with white wedding set which included a teardrop bridal bouquet, a bridesmaid's bouquet and featuring a buttonhole.

I'm not particularly interested in turning it into a business as it's more a hobby that I enjoy plus the fact that I love weddings and what it stands for in a union between God, a couple and their families for the next generation....

No comments:

Post a Comment