Wednesday 14 January 2015

Weekend learning about leaving a legacy...


Just found out over the weekend that one of my teacher colleagues died before Christmas with many tributes on a Facebook page made up for her. It made me reflect this new year that we really don't know when I time is up and that we should live in such a way that there are no regrets.

I also went to a church service (pic of the entrance above at our Life church) with my children and enjoyed watching a review of "Saving Mr Banks" a movie that explores the relationship between the writer of 'Mary Poppins' and her background growing up and also with Walt Disney, the founder of Disneyland etc. (a movie review following).

I was interested to learn that she had written the book series in her 30s but then did not sign over the rights of the book to be made into a movie for 20 years of Walt Disney trying to persuade until she was 64 years old when she finally relented and met with his team to work through it. I found out that she later died at age 96 years in the 1990s, a multi millionairess but unloved. So sad.

What would you like to leave as your legacy? My children are so important to me so that for me it's about leaving a legacy that my children can be proud of and to learn from or add to. I think it's always important to say that you love your loved ones rather than to leave them guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment