Saturday 21 February 2015

Lunch out with my family 
Lagoon park after lunch
It was a real privilege to be able to go out to lunch with my parents from Samoa and our lil' family. We don't often get time to go out together but with my parents on holiday we thought we'd take the opportunity to spend time together.

Am also hoping to have my first of many books to be launched before they return to Samoa with each book acknowledging the tremendous influence that they had on me growing up in Mangere as a NZ Samoan. I am blessed and privileged to have had them as parents growing up and I thank God for every day with them.

Our children have a combination of names of our parents as we do from our families and I hope to pass on the legacy of the Samoan and Christian values that my parents passed onto me and their parents passed to them so that following generations can continue the legacy that was started many years ago before we were even born.

The lagoon park was also refreshing after lunch as I remember, as a child, my dad taking us to beaches and parks after work or in the weekends or during the holidays. It's something of a tradition that we continue with our family today too. Thank you God for the blessing of a loving family...

No comments:

Post a Comment