Thursday 5 March 2015

14 Auckland spots




Have you been to all of these top 14 Auckland tourist spots that the tourist buses go to? I've been to all of them but just not all recently. I wonder if there are some other tourists spots that are missing from your list. I guess most pointedly would be our beaches missing but going to Bastion Point would give a bird's eye view of some of theme.

Not to mention the night markets. I went most recently to the Papatoetoe Friday markets which is always bustling and I've been to Saturday nights at Pakuranga Shopping Mall. I still haven't been to the Thursday night Onehunga nite markets but my family has.

The pics above show case a recent visit to the Auckland Museum which had a special feature on the 'wow' wearable art and it was fascinating to view some of the materials that were used from a type of polystyrene to wood and leather.

And I like that some of the tourists spots that were chosen are free for families to attend. I guess the Botanical gardens are too far south but that's another place that I think is quite nice for tourists to visit too.

So how many have you been too?...
  1. Bastion Point
  2. Kelly Tarlton / Sea life Aquarium
  3. Parnell Rose Gardens
  4. Holy Trinity Cathedral / Winter Gardens
  5. Auckland Museum
  6. Parnell Village
  7. Civic Theatre
  8. Sky City and Sky Tower
  9. Ferry Buildings / Quay Street
  10. Voyager Maritime Museum
  11. Eden Gardens
  12. Mount Eden
  13. Auckland Zoo
  14. MOTAT Museum of Transport and Technology
  • Eden Park
  • Winter Garden
  • Westfield Shopping Centre

No comments:

Post a Comment