Wednesday 25 March 2015

More pics from launch

(Left to right) Samoan translator and husband Fritz,
Aunty Talosaga, me and Aunty Lepa
Some of the artwork on display

Still receiving pics from the launch from friends as my phone/camera refused to work on the book launch day at Te Wananga o Aotearoa on 19 March. Thanks Alice for the photos.  Have been really blessed by many well wishes since the day from even those I don't know very well but have heard or have seen the book.

I must say that it's been quite a humbling experience in knowing that this story has been years, decades, centuries  even in the making as I wasn't the first to write about Sina and the Tuna, and I'm sure I won't be the last. It seems fitting that my public writing begins right at the beginning of who I am as a Samoan (although born in NZ) and with an indigenous Samoan story that my parents first told me and that has been passed through the ages.

It's such a blessing as it's been an unreachable goal for so many years with my attention on other things in knowing the difficulties of being published but things have certainly changed in the past few years. It seems as if both my Masters degrees have come full circle with one complementing the other. I still am considering another Masters degree in Education but not with the publishing now started.

I must also give credit to Maria from PBT Pacific Business Trust who was the catalyst for me finishing this project on 23 Jan 2015 when we first met. It was like she 'jump started' me through sharing in conversation, as I'd been 'stuck' for so long on all the obstacles that I've let distract me from completing my writing projects. Now I feel that there are so many more stories to tell. Thank you so much Maria, you have been a God-send to me.
 
3 flower gifts from my lil' daughter's
Samoan pre-school Manager Lupe
Vaueli and teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment