Sunday 8 March 2015

Love Faith Hope series

"Love Faith Hope" series
This may be one of the last acrylics on canvas paintings that I'll be painting in my "Love Faith Hope" series. This has been painted for a friend on her special occasion who has been very encouraging and a prayer partner over my first books since last year. I hope to have an announcement on the details later in the week.

One thing I have learnt over the years is that love is a very powerful force, not that kind of Hollywood love often shown on the screen but deep abiding love that weathers the storms as protective parents have of their children and that spouses have of each other despite life's desperate challenges.

As Easter appears over the horizon, I reflect on the true abiding love of God through sacrificing his son Jesus to provide a bridge for us. It's that faith that continues to keep me going through difficult times in the knowledge that He is the only hope that we have in an imperfect world as we face the onslaught of secularism and religious terrorism .

I am blessed to have a family who share this same faith and hope to pass it on to our children and oncoming generations that we may never meet.

My 40 day Lent fast of no meat is now in it's 8th day and in the lead up to Easter can reflect on how blessed and privileged we can be in our Faith in Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment