Tuesday 7 July 2015

Go Le Manu Samoa!

I'm not a huge Rugby fan like my dad. I remember growing up that we didn't watch TV on Sundays, as was my Papa's rule, with the exception of him watching a rare All Blacks match that might be screened on a Sunday! of course we kids were up in the arms but that was the only exception.

Tomorrow, the All Blacks are playing Manu Samoa and of course I'm with the under dogs and hope that Manu Samoa will win the game and the All Blacks will never be the same.

However, I have to give John Campbell credit for pushing for such a historic event to happen and even to the All Blacks team for wearing ie faitaga (formal men's skirt wrap) and Aloha shirts.

I talked to both my parents in Samoa tonight and it sounds like every Samoan will be in Apia tomorrow or watching TV or tuning in somehow to see/hear how it goes. I doubt that there'll be many people at work or at school as many people will want to watch this historic match. And I think this may be the same for die hard Samoan rugby fans in NZ, Hawaii, Australia and the US.

So as much as I'm not into Rugby, am a Kiwi Samoan brought up with taro and green bananas, I say 'Go Manu Samoa' and prove them wrong that a humble nation similar to a David and Goliath match up can still win the day...


No comments:

Post a Comment