Saturday 25 July 2015

Stan Walker - role model



One of the young artists whom I've enjoyed and watch grow over the years since winning "Australian Idol" in 2009 has been Stan Walker. His story growing up of overcoming a household where alcohol was prevalent and could have destroyed his family then he turned his life around in now becoming a household name in the music, movie and contemporary dance scene both nationally and internationally.

I couple of years ago, he came and sang at our church and that was a real blessing for many as he was able to get out and about and meet the locals at our Life Church in South. More recently he's starred in movies such as "Mt Zion" and some of his music I really like too. He's even a judge on 'The X Factor NZ" and he dances 'mean'.

He has an upcoming dance movie that I think my girls are gonna like called "Born to Dance". It's supposed to be the first multi-million dollar dance movie that NZ has ever made with Choregrapher Paris 'doing her thing' and Stan Walker as one of the actors.

I think it's neat that he connects this story with South Auckland (Papakura), I think it relates to where some of our youth are in often trying to find their feet with few options available to them through educational pathways.

The movie is out in theatres in September. I certaintly will be watching it...

No comments:

Post a Comment