Sunday 8 November 2015

Looking forward to visiting Oahu, Hawaii...


As well as sorting details for visiting family and places in Samoa in a couple of weeks, am also finalising details for visiting the Island of Oahu, one of the Hawaiian Islands for next month as a group of family members supporting a school trip.

It's been a while since I've visited Honolulu and Waikiki as I remember first visiting as an 18 year old in the 1980s on my first OE on route to USA it was definitely an eye opener. I then went a few times by myself and with family to shop and visit enroute to the 'Mainland' during the 1990s and haven't been back since.

So I'm really looking forward to seeing the changes that have happened over the years. I remember the first time I visited, I was so surprised at how large Honolulu was as opposed to other Island nations capital cities that I'd visited like Nadi in Fiji, or Samoa's Apia as well as American Samoa's Pago Pago.

Looking forward to visiting Waikiki Beach again, seeing Diamond Head and visiting the University of Hawaii, learning again the history of Pearl Harbour, visiting local schools and a many other interesting sites.

Aloha Honolulu, here we come...

No comments:

Post a Comment