Wednesday 18 November 2015

Samoan book launch of "Tagaloalagi and Fue" (3rd) picture book series...

Tagaloalagi and Fue Retold and Illustrated by Helen Tau'au Filisi Am so excited to be revealing our next (3rd) bilingual (English/Samoan) picture book cover of "Tagaloalagi and Fue" in the 'origins/creation' series of the tala o le vavau (ancient Samoan stories) to be launched in Samoa next week.

This was a story that my father shared with me many years ago back in the late 1980s. He was told this story when he was very young about Tagaloalagi (the supreme god) and Fue (his assistant.) It also discusses the ancient beliefs of how people were created, before Christianity, and for me, in studying Geography at the time, it showed how people in those times related the environment around them to the creation myths of old.

So this Saturday am travelling with my family to Samoa to visit my parents and families, read books at local schools then having a family birthday celebration next Wednesday the 25th Nov and later securing a venue to launch the book on the Friday 27th Nov.

The profile of Tagaloalagi was an actual profile of my husband but upon closer inspection looks a little like my mum in colour and eye shape when she was younger. I've also coloured the background of this book in darker shades as those times were often described as the 'pouliuli' or times of darkness so this book will stand out as being a little different from the others in design.

For those wanting to pre-order/order for Xmas you can contact me on: helentauaufilisi@gmail.co.nz before stocks run out. Otherwise will be trying to get into local libraries and ebooks.

Enjoy...


No comments:

Post a Comment