Monday 23 November 2015

Talofa lava Samoa - Hello Savaii...

Image result for savaii Loving it is Samoa with my family. Went to church at Fasitoo and neat to share in the faith in a huge church with chandeliers, beautiful stained glass windows - Samoan styled and also enjoyed watching the words on powerpoint. Samoa is certainly up with things digital, even in the village.

Had a neat Sunday lunch yesterday with my parent and Fritz' family at my parents place by the beach and then duly jumped into for a nice Sunday swim - something I probably wouldn't have been allowed to do when I was much younger (ha ha).

Tomorrow we're getting ready for going to Savaii for some R&R but also a little research on my next picture book of "Tulaga vae o Moso" or Moso's footprints. Have already written the book but just needed to check out a couple of details.

So neat to be in Samoa and catching up on everything that's going on. With my birthday and the book launch just a couple of days away - I think will just be taking it easy and enjoying being away from the hustle and bustle of western life and just relaxing back. Samoan styles i.e. faifai lemu...

No comments:

Post a Comment