Sunday 22 May 2016

Ps Cy Rogers - clarity... "What have you been called to do?"...

It's been an extremely busy week what with the church conference of which I was only able to make a couple of night sessions; chapter 1 of my Doctoral thesis due; my parents flying in from Samoa for birthday celebrations and upcoming book launch, a new job and enrolling/marketing for new students, looking after my family and the illness of my 96 year old grandma in acknowledgement of the fragility of life.

Today it was so refreshing to listen to Pastor Cy Rogers with a post-conference message about doing the thing that you are called to do. I find that he gives clarity and explained how he has been in the conference circuit as a guest speaker for a few decades and that many people can end up doing nothing after attending an inspiring talk.

At present, I'm quite the opposite in that I'm so busy that I find that I am juggling a lot of balls and have so much to complete in one day but his talk reminded me that I'm called to do what I've been given the gifts and the personality to do. And now I find that I'm able to say "no" to a lot of things that I would have (in my youth) said "yes" to do for others.

I think it's that maturity in knowing who you are and what God has called me to do in that I find I don't do things to please people but to do what I have to do. It's just that I think that some of the things that I'm now doing were long overdue and now I'm, in a sense "catching up" but it's still so special i.e. I have a young family and am a "mature" mom as compared to a lot of moms I see around who are still in their 20s and 30s.

And it can also be so overwhelming when there is so much need around you and one doesn't know where to start, I'd encourage you to just listen to that still quiet voice (which sometimes can shout out loud when we're otherwise preoccupied) and find out what it is that God's got in store for you. What can you do each day to make the/your/your family's world a better place?... What have you been called to do?...


No comments:

Post a Comment