Tuesday 31 May 2016

"Live" on 531PI Radio Interview for Samoan language week...

Fa'atalofa atu i le pa'ia ma le mamalu o Samoa... Talofa lava one and all! it's Samoan language here in Aotearoa, New Zealand and today I was invited to come on Radio (and took along my lil' sis' for moral support) to talk about our latest book launched last Friday at Otahuhu library and it was a pleasure and honour to be interviewed by Nemai, the lovely Fijian host and she made us feel really welcome and at home in their Manukau studio.

It's not actually the first time I've been interviewed on Radio as I remember being interviewed for TV and radio whilst working on Ministry of Education contracts (back in the day :) but now to be able to talk about my passion to write and to share with the listeners was a real privilege and it also gave me a chance to give some books away to listeners as a way of 'paying it forward'.

The neat thing was that I'd like to also thank Aggie (NZ Tongan journalist) who confirmed the interview for me 'out of the blue' and especially on Samoan language week also made it special. I was also able to make a 'shout out' to my husband whose birthday is today as well as to my mum whose birthday is tomorrow.

So had a great time on the Radio and couldn't help giggling and laughing away with my sister which the host said reminded her of her other Samoan friends. I guess, we can't help it as being Samoan humour but also just enjoying life and what God brings about. So am thankful for such wonderful opportunities to share our stories with many more and to hopefully inspire people to go for their dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment