Thursday 14 January 2021

Back to work...

 

Today marks the week that I'm back to work with our youngest still having three more weeks of holidays before schools start up again for the new year.

Here is some of the digital artwork that our youngest did and I love the colours and icons that she chose to express her artistic flair.

All this whilst back to planning the various course work for this semester and recruiting new students as well as completing paperwork for last year's course.

What I do like about teaching a new year, are all the possibilities and starting afresh after a well-deserved break plus being refreshed after having some time out with family.

It's not always easy to return to work but when we do it's neat to be in a space with neat colleagues whom share similar perspectives regarding education and indigenous research.

So looking forward to another year of work and meeting new students as well as keeping in touch with some of the former ones and colleagues.

I'm really blessed to be able to do something that I enjoy in that I don't feel like it's toiling, although there is often a lot of paperwork to finish.

I've also got a few goals of things to complete and work towards my Ph.D. studies, fieldwork that now won't be able to incorporate Samoa with the border closures.

And some writing goals also in having a good rest last year to refresh my perspective in new writing goals for the new year which might even include the launch of my first novel.

A new year, at work, with new possibilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment