Friday 29 January 2021

Happy 16th Birthday to our middle child...

 

Happy 16th birthday to my middle child and I was at it again finishing another quilt creation for her with one more to go for another birthday in March.

I call it fabric artistry where the fabric artistic can determine the colours, the fabric, the design and then put it all together to create an artistic blanket.

With this particular design, the intertwining blue and white panels match the white and blue patterned curtains in our middle child's bedroom.

I think I get a lot of satisfaction to know that I've made the effort (and had the time) to be able to create something meaningful that I've made myself especially if I call myself an artist (using different mediums).

And I have my mother to thank for teaching me how to sew, knit, crochet, bake, cook, clean and the list goes on. In fact, I'm seeing that some of these skills are becoming obsolete with technology and instant buying rather than creating something that may take a bit more time but can absolutely create wonderful memories and a treasure that can be passed on and not always easily broken.

And with this being the last week of holidays, albeit a long weekend, with schools starting across the country next week, it marks the end of holiday bliss and the start of the routine of getting up for school and returning. All good things must come to an end...

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Ms. Edith Newton.10 June 2021 at 21:14

    Greetings,

       I'm Pastor Ms. Edith Newton from Asson Finance, we provide loans ranging from  $2,000.00 US Dollars to  $500,000,000.00 US Dollars any currency with 2% interest rate, our loans are approved and paid within 4 hours, with or without collateral. GET BACK FOR THE FOLLOWING .

        Personal Loans.
        Credit Cards.
        Home-Equity Loans.
        Home-Equity Lines of Credit.
        Credit Card Cash Advances.
        Small Business Loans.

    Thanks and I hope to hear from you.
    email:(assonservices@gmail.com) Or whatsapp :+1 (443) 222 8529.
    Pastor Ms. Edith Newton.

    ReplyDelete